Myra Green Middle School
Take Pride With Every Stride.
Please remember to…
1. Keep books dry and clean.
2. Find a safe place for them at home.
3. Bring books back to school.
Borrowing books is free. If you lose or ruin a book, you will be asked to replace it.
Myra Green Middle School Library
MGMS Library Goals
· To establish library practices designed to promote student success.
· To guide students toward independent study skills through instruction on the use of the library
· To offer and provide guidance to students in their reading interests and research needs
· To maintain adequate supplies of high interest reading materials
· To provide a courteous atmosphere conducive to learning.
The library is open each morning at 7:00am. Students are welcome to come in at that time to study, research. Return books, browse and check out a book, enjoy a magazine, take an AR test, or just READ. We close daily at 5:00pm.
1. Please enter the library in a quiet and respectful manner.
2. Remember: food and drinks, including water, are not permitted in the Library.
3. During class time you must have a pass to visit the library, Sign in as soon as you arrive.
4. Respect everyone’s right to use the library. Keep the noise level to a minimum so that students may read and work on assignments without being distracted.
BE RESPONSIBLE—When you browse, put books and other materials back
in the right place. When you borrow, return
materials on time.
Elizabeth B. Ramirez, MGMS Librarian
Mary Betancourt, Library Assistant
At this time, students from Myra Green Middle School are allowed to check out two books each visit to the Media Center. If they have not finished reading their books, they may bring them back and renew them for one more week with the exception of new books. This is to ensure all students have the opportunity to check out the new books that were added to the collection. If your student has an overdue, no additional books are allowed to be check out until the overdue book(s) are returned.