School Board Elections
May 9, 2015 – Uniform Election Date
According to Policy BBB (Local) and Policy BBB (Legal) elections of Trustees are held biennially in odd numbered years for four-year terms in cycles keyed off the years below:
Positions 1,2,6, and 7 on years 2013, 2017, 2021 and so forth.
Positions 3,4, and 5 on years 2011, 2015, 2019, and so forth.
Eligibility and Qualifications to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office Board members can be found in Policy BBA (Legal).
Below are resources to help candidates:
- 2015 Quick Reference Guide of Dates and Events
- Application for Place on Ballot
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy
- Appointment of Poll Watcher
- Certificate of Withdrawal
- Campaign Finance Guide for Candididates and Officeholders
- Political Advertisement
- Form CTA-Appointment of Campaign Tresurer by a Candidate
- Form CTA-Instruction Guide
- Form CFCP- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- Form C/OH-Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report
- Form C/OH-Instruction Guide
Resources to help Voters:
- Photo ID Requirements http://votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/need-id
- Acceptable Forms of Identification http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/id/acceptable-forms-of-ID.pdf
- Early Voting http://www.votetexas.gov/early-voting/